Currents On The River
Located in the heart of Chicago with a river view
Click the map for directions with Google Maps.
|200 S Wacker
Lower Level • Riverside
Chicago, IL 60606
Currents on the River is located at 200 South Wacker Drive on the lower level riverside, directly across the street from Willis (Sears) Tower, at the intersection of Adams Street and Wacker Drive. Currents on the River is easily accessible from all major expressways and all forms of public transportation.
Currents on the River Hours
|Open Monday – Friday 11 am
|Events / Catering – 24 Hours Everyday
- From the west, follow the Eisenhower Expressway (290) east into town where it becomes Congress Avenue. Exit Wacker Drive and follow the signs that read Upper Wacker Drive. You will be driving north. Currents on the River will be on your left just before Adams Street.
- From the south, follow the Kennedy Expressway (90/94) west and exit on Monroe Street. Turn right (east) on Monroe and follow it to Wacker Drive and turn right (south). Currents on the River will be on your right just after Adams Street.
- From the north, follow the Kennedy Expressway (90/94) south and exit on Jackson Street. Turn left (east) on Jackson and follow it to Wacker Drive and turn left (north). Currents on the River will be on your left just before Adams Street.
Getting to Currents on the River by CTA or Metra couldn’t be easier.
- “L” & Bus: Currents on the River is located just two blocks west of the Quincy stop where Brown, Orange, Pink and Purple line “L” trains stop. Also, there are many bus stops nearby.
- Metra: The Union Station Metra station is located across the river from Currents on the River and the Ogilvie Metra station is just 2 blocks away.
- Amtrak: Union Station also handles Amtrak trains, making Currents on the River very attractive for meetings involving out-of-town participants.
There is street parking which is pay-by-box available on Wacker Drive and other nearby streets.
Two convenient parking garages are located near the Center:
- Tower Self Park: entrance on Adams Street between Franklin and Wells Streets. (312) 782-5570
- Union Station Central Park: entrance on Canal Street between Jackson and Van Buren. (312) 322-0191
Currents On The River In Downtown Chicago
A comfortable urban oasis with a river view located between Union Station and The Willis Tower. Open Monday through Friday, Currents on the River is the perfect location for a business or casual lunch, relaxing dinner or after-work cocktails. Call ahead and take our international cuisine to-go. Thinking of hosting a special event? Reserve Currents on the River for your next gathering or ask about our off-premise catering services and we’ll bring our hospitality to you!